Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ants

This is a song I already demoed a few years back with a free version Pro Tools I had on my iMac, but never bothered to finish. Found a better key for it, so thought I would give it another shot. Used my "new" Casio MT-205 for drums and a keyboard line on this.

Having the same problem with bass build-up in the mix, so this one was run thru a compression and EQ plug-in from Audacity. Still not happy with the singing, so I'm gonna re-record the vocals today and mix it down one more time. The Tascam will only save a single master mixdown of your song, so ya gotta commit if you decide to change anything.

Used a beat-up Autoharp for the intro on this that is in severe need of tuning. I was thinking of the New Radicals hit when I played it.

boomp3.com

No comments: