Saturday, January 5, 2008

Welcome 2 Digital Portastud!

Hiya! Thanks for stopping in. This is a blog about music, home recording and songwriting--three things I've been obsessed with for the better part of three decades, though I have to admit I am much more of a enthusiast than a craftsman.

Les Paul once said that "just because you love something, doesn't mean you are any good at it." While this quote has a particular resonance with me, I guess the trick is to keep trying regardless, and hope you will eventually stumble on something through sheer force of will...
boomp3.com

(one of my favorite home recordings from the mid-'90s. Back when I had a full MIDI set up--Alesis MMT8 sequencer, Roland JX8P, Casio CZ-101, and an Emu Proteus sound module. Recorded to cassette 4-track.)

No comments: