Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sitting Backwards

Just re-acquired my trusty old Yamaha SPX 90 from a friend and thought I would give it a workout this weekend. Nice to finally have a dedicated reverb unit for my studio setup, though I am still using effects from my Roland amp to record electric guitar into the Portastud as well.

Been having a pretty productive month as far as songs go. Not really sure what inspired this one, besides the fact that I have spent a lot of time flying back and forth across the country since last summer.

I often don't have anything in mind when I put a song together, and just kind of hope the song "finds itself" somewhere along the way. Once I get a couple lines, or a basic concept together, I just kind of build it up from there, and see where it takes me. Lately I've been trying to get away from the basic "boy meets girl" stuff, as it seems kind of silly and insincere from the perspective of a married person.

Besides, as Joe Strummer once noted, "the subject's been covered."

boomp3.com

No comments: